Assumption University of Thailand
Assumption University was initially originated from Assumption Commercial College in 1969 as an autonomous higher education institution under the name of Assumption School of Business. In 1972, with the approval of the Ministry of Education, it was officially established as “Assumption Business Administration College” or ABAC. In May 1975, it was accredited by the Ministry of University Affairs. In 1990, it was granted new status as “Assumption University” by the Ministry of University Affairs.
The University is a non-profit institution administered by the Brothers of St. Gabriel, a worldwide Catholic religious order, founded in France in 1705 by St. Louis Marie de Montfort, devoted to education and philanthropic activities. The congregation has been operating many educational institutions in Thailand since 1901.
The University is an international community of scholars, enlivened by Christian inspiration, engaged in the pursuit of truth and knowledge, serving the human society, especially through the creative use of interdisciplinary approaches and cybertechnology.
Assumption University of Thailand envisions itself as:
- an international community of scholars,
- enlivened by Christian inspiration,
- engaged in the pursuit of Truth and Knowledge,
- serving human society, especially through the creative use of interdisciplinary approaches and cybertechnology.
Vision 2000 for The Assumption University Graduates
Assumption University of Thailand envisions its graduates as:
- healthy and open-minded persons, characterized by personal integrity, an independent mind, and creative thinking,
- professionally competent, willing to exercise responsible leadership for economic progress in a just society,
- able to communicate effectively with people from other nations and to participate in globalization.
Assumption University exists for the main purpose of serving the nation through generation, dissemination and application of business, scientific, technological and humanistic knowledge through research and interdisciplinary collaborations and partnerships that build on a strong foundation of strong interdisciplinary scholarship.
Assumption University teaches students to think critically, objectively and creatively, and to be lifelong learners, leaders and productive ethical citizens; pursues research to advance knowledge, to meet local, national and international challenges in a diverse, interdependent, knowledge based and technologically dynamic society.